Hudl has acquired APEX.
We’re here to help you win, Coach.
On June 5, 2012 APEX was acquired by Hudl. Here’s everything you need to know about the acquisition:
First of all, who the heck is Hudl?
Hudl is a sports video company based in Lincoln, Neb. You can read all about the company here: http://www.hudl.com/about/.
How does this deal benefit me as a coach, athletic director, or recruiter?
- Even better tools for you as a coach. Hudl is actively working on many great enhancements including a video capture tool for Mac, a full suite of mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android, and better ways to manage recruiting for your team.
- An even larger support team. Hudl’s support team is full of 25 talented and creative problem solvers. They will both support existing APEX products and also help you transition to Hudl if and when you want to.
- More teams to exchange video with. Hudl’s customers include some of the best sports programs across the country. This season you’ll be able to instantly trade film with them using Hudl’s exchange features.
- A broader pool of athletes with video for recruiters. This is a win-win for everyone. More athletes means more video which in turn means more exposure to recruiters.
Why did APEX decide to make this deal with Hudl? Aren’t you competitors?
Let me be very clear: APEX would not have made this deal if we didn’t believe Hudl could support our coaches and help them dominate and win. Hudl’s products are in a better long-term position to help coaches do that.
Hudl is built from the ground up to work well online and with new mobile technologies like Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android platforms. That’s where the sports video industry is heading.
Can I just start using Hudl?
Yes. Hudl has set up an APEX Transition Help Line (402-937-9657) for coaches who want to make this happen immediately or have questions about what the transition might mean for them. They already have an easy way for you to transfer all of your video and data into Hudl.
If you’re ready to get started, you should:
- Sign up for the Hudl package you’d like to test out. See a comparison here.
- Get registered for a free Hudl training session here.
I purchased APEX Ultimate (Version 9 or 10). Now what?
If you purchased...
- APEX 9 in 2012, you get a free Hudl subscription until March 31, 2013.
- APEX 10, you get a free Hudl subscription through March 31, 2014.
- APEX 8 or prior, you’ll need to purchase a Hudl subscription only if you need support for APEX.
I am comfortable with APEX. Do I have to start using Hudl right away?
No. You can continue to use your APEX software for as long as you wish. However, if you need support for APEX, and have not paid in 2012, you will need to purchase a Hudl subscription even if you do not plan to use any of Hudl’s software.
Hudl will continue supporting APEX indefinitely; however, all future development will be focused on Hudl.
I planned to upgrade to the latest version of APEX this year but haven’t yet. Can I?
Yes. If you subscribe to Hudl, you get a free upgrade to APEX Ultimate (Version 9). Once you’ve paid for your Hudl subscription, Hudl will send you the APEX software update. You’ll get everything you love about APEX plus Hudl’s great online tools.
Need Support for Your APEX Software?
Questions About HME Headsets?
Ready to Try Hudl & Want Advice?
Check Out Hudl When You’re Ready:
My entire coaching library is in APEX. Am I going to lose it all?
Absolutely not. All of your team’s work in APEX is safe. Hudl is not forcing coaches to stop using desktop and laptop versions of APEX. Whenever you’re ready to try Hudl, you can import all of your video and data from APEX into Hudl.
I need support for my APEX software. Who do I contact?
Hudl’s support team will be handling all APEX software support. Our best support engineers spent time training the Hudl team and they are prepared for any questions about your APEX software. Here’s how to reach the Hudl support team:
- Phone: 402-817-0063
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @HudlSupport
What version of APEX will Hudl support?
Hudl will support APEX Ultimate (Version 9).
If you are using a version prior to version 9, Hudl will upgrade your seat(s) of APEX to the latest version once you pay for your Hudl subscription.
What’s happening to APEX’s online tools?
APEX Remote and Team Locker Room will be shut down soon. Hudl’s support team can help you retrieve film and publish it to Hudl.com.
I need to send in my 2012 payment. Where do I send it?
Please mail your payment to:
151 N 8th St.
Lincoln, NE 68508
If you’ve already mailed your payment to APEX, don’t worry. We will forward it to them.
Checks can be made out to either APEX or Hudl. If you need Hudl to help fill out paperwork for your school’s billing department, please call their billing team at 402-817-0060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.